North Pacific 49' Pilothouse
Rugged Look; Built Solid
The flagship of the North Pacific fleet, the North Pacific 49’ Pilothouse encompasses everything that make North Pacific Yachts great long range coastal trawlers. The NP49 is constructed with a low-maintenance, rugged exterior, set on a solid semi-displacement hull that provides a strong, stable and seaworthy platform with the efficiency needed for longer passages. Configured with spacious 2 or 3 stateroom layouts, you’ll feel right at home living aboard on those extended trips. A large, comfortable pilothouse and spacious full beam salon is complimented by the customized world-class teak finished interior. Inside the North Pacific 49, you will find all the luxuries you’d expect while maintaining an inviting, comfortable feel.
Start making your dream a reality.
We have many other layouts. Please contact us if you have other ideas that you'd like to see. Compare our specifications and standard equipment list carefully with other brands. You will see that North Pacific Yachts come very well equipped. Many big ticket items that are “optional" on other brands are standard on North Pacific Yachts and can add up to well over $100,000. Some of these items are shown in italics below. Please contact us for complete pricing and option information.
Standard Specifications/Equipment List:
- Solid, hand-laid fiberglass hull. Outer two layers are vinyl ester resin
- Superstructure cored primarily with NIDA core including all decks
- Hollow stringers
- Fully integrated swimming platform and bow pulpit
- Non-skid fiberglass decks
- Seacocks on all through-hull fittings both above and below the waterline
- All interior floors supported by aluminum grid
- International paints micron CSC anti-fouling
- International paints epoxy barrier coating below water line - Vinyl Ester resin 2 outer layers of hull
Engine Room, Propulsion, Heat and Fresh Water System:
- 355hp Cummins QSB diesel engine with 160 amp alternator, ZF85A transmission
- Engine room 2" sound insulation - 5 salon floor hatches for access and stairs that flip up at forward end
- Aluminum non-skid plate floors
- Engine room light (4)
- Engine room blower
- Fiberglass fuel tanks (2 X 250 gallons) - fuel lines for engine 1/2 ID (up to 930 GAL fuel available)
- Stainless steel shaft (2.25") - Aqua 17
- Dripless shaft seal - PSS
- Precision 4 blade bronze propeller
- Hynautic 2 station hydraulic steering
- Exhaust muffler - exhaust 6" diameter - sea water intake for engine 2"
- Dual Racor fuel filter
- Automatic bilge pump (3)
- Manual bilge pump (1)
- Holding tank (65 GAL) w/ macerator
- Fiberglass water tanks (2 X 175 gallons)
- Variable speed Smart Sensor fresh water pump
- Fresh water intake (2)
- 20 gallon water heater in engineroom
- Oil change system for engine and generator
- Northern Lights 6KW genset w/ sound shield and water/gas separator (larger with East Coast delivery option) Magnum
- MS2812 2800W inverter/charger (pure sine wave)
- 12v/200AMP AGM battery in battery box (3 house batteries, 2 thruster/windlass batteries, 1 engine starter, 1 generator starter)
- External voltage regulator for alternator
- Master control panel (AC/DC circuit breakers) - Blue Sea
- Bonded, numbered and color coded electrical system
- Tinned copper wire throughout
- 120V AC outlets
- 12V throughout interior and exterior
- 50amp 125/250V shore power connections (2) - Smart Plug
- Imtra LED lights throughout with stainless steel trim ring
- Teak and holly flooring throughout (other hardwood flooring options available)
- Teak paneling and cabinetry throughout with 7 sprayed coats of satin poly eurethane (modern, Walnut interiors available)
- Bookmatched cabinetry (grains continue from walls through all cabinets and drawers)
- Routed design cabinet trim and fiddles throughout
- Steam bent fiddles throughout (no joints)
- Chrome or Brass light fixtures, push buttons for all drawers and cabinetry
- Louvered doors on select lockers
- Backlit frosted glass cabient doors on select cabinets
- Full extension roller bearing drawer glides
- Curtains or venetians blinds on all windows
- Screens on all sliding windows
- Soft vinyl headliners - all attached with Velcro
- Ultraleather Pro (no stain) upholstery
- Laminated safety glass on sliding windows
- Standard heating or air conditioning systems depend on the delivery option you choose - Contact us
Salon, Dinette and Galley:Many different salon layouts are available. The following is the standard layout.
- A/C outlet (5)
- Reading lights (2)
- LED accent rope lighting
- Small cabinet in the middle of the starboard side for a lamp, book, drink etc with room for a chair on each side
- Dinette with hi-low folding table that converts into a bed
- 40" Samsung LCD pop-up TV
- Staron or granite countertop with raised edge along aft section
- Double SS sink
- Faucet with pullout spout
- Seaward Electric glass cooktop stove w/ oven or Summit propane stove/oven (household unit)
- Exhaust fan above the stove - vented outside
- Summit 13 cu.ft fridge/freezer
- GE Convection microwave oven with exhaust fan
- Drawers in galley (10) - some drawers substituted if drawer dishwasher option is chosen
- Cabinets in galley (number depending on equipment ordered)
- Hatch that lifts on galley countertop (1)
- Handrail running along middle of the ceiling
- Overhead cabinet in the galley with wine glass holder
- Double wall detail with sconce lighting
- A/C outlet (2)
- D/C outlet (1)
- Map light (1)
- Aluminum locking, sliding door with interior teak insert (2)
- AC & DC electrical panels - Blue Seas
- Helm seat (2)
- Cummins single lever electronic throttle and shift control
- Engine gauges inacluding fuel flow on Cummins Smart Tach
- Windlass control
- Bow thruster control
- Electric fuel and water gauges
- Horn control
- Teak steering wheel
- Defrost fan (2)
- Windshield wiper (3)
- Windshield washer (3)
- Raised L shaped bench seat that converts into a bed
- Folding table at bench seat
- Storage cabinets and drawers
- Reading light above bench seat (2)
- Aft window and aft side windows opening and screened
- A/C outlet (1)
- Teak with teak and holly floors
- Tecma toilet with fresh water flush
- Ceramic undermount sink (frosted glass or ceramic above counter sinks available)
- Adjoining moulded fiberglass shower stall
- Exhaust fan
- Shower control and nozzle
- Frosted glass shower door with NP logo
- Automatic shower sump pump
- Staron or granite countertop
- Opening, screened porthole window
- Tank watch holding tank level gauge
- Towel racks and other hardware
Guest Stateroom (3 stateroom options available, $15,000):
Several Different Layouts Available: Queen Bed, Two Sliding Beds, Fold Down Bunks, 4 Bunks, etc.
- A/C outlet (1)
- Opening, screened porthole window (2)
- Hanging locker, cabinets and drawers (numbers depend on bed choice)
- A/C outlet (2)
- Full queen island bed
- Reading light (2)
- LED accent rope lighting
- Headboard with while vinyl leather and mirror
- Teak planks where portholes are
- Cabinets along both sides of the bed with frosted glass, backlit doors
- White Staron counter material on side table cabinets
- Large hanging locker (2)
- Opening, screened porthole window (4)
- Opening, screened overhead hatch (1)
- Linen closet starboard side of hallway just aft of master stateroom
Exterior Fittings and Equipment:
- Stainless steel window frames
- Stainless steel railing and stanchions around all edges - secured with bolts
- FRP no-skid deck on all deck surfaces
- SS mooring cleats (8) - 4 in cockpit, 2 midship, 2 at the bow +1 on each side of salon
- SS fuel, water and waste tank deck fittings
- SS portholes
- Safety glass windows
- LED courtesy lights (9)
- Light (2)
- Courtesy light (2)
- Hatch to access lazarette - gas assisted
- Dripless rudder bearning in lazarette
- Stainless steel ladder leading to fly bridge, starboard side
- Transom door leading to swim grid
- Bulwark door on port and starboard side
- Aluminum sliding door with teak insert to access the salon
- Locker on transom with fresh/sea water washdown outlet
- Locker on transom with shore power connector (Smart Plug)
- Fresh water shower
- Swim ladder
- Extra SS aft upper deck supports (2)
- Pop up cleat on swim platform (2)
- Flexiteek decks on swim platform and cockpit floor (synthetic teak, no maintenance, won't fade)
- See lower for Garmin electronics list
- Dual helm seat
- L shaped seat with table and bench seat - storage underneath
- Stainless steel steering wheel
- Engine gauges
- Cummins single lever electronic engine control
- Windlass control
- Bow thruster control
- Radar arch light (2)
- Courtesy light (2)
- D/C outlet (1)
- AC outlet on starboard side (1)
- Anchor light
- Navigation lights
- Stainless steel flag base
- Dual trumpet air horn
- Storage cabinet/propane locker on starboard side of helm seat
- Storage locker/seat (2)
- Sunbrella canvas cover for instruments and seating
- Nick Jackson LP650 davit
- Hardtop - Now standard
Forward Walk Around:
- Courtesy lights (3)
- Fresh & sea water washdown hose connector
- Muir VRC2500 vertical windlass with 2500# lifting capacity
- 280 ft of 3/8" high test galvanized chain - Chain locker divided in half with fender storage port side
- 65 LBS galvanized plow anchor
- Side-Power SE130 bow thruster
- Fusion stereo system in salon, pilothouse and on flybridge
- Emergency tiller
- Zincs (5)
- Extra gelcoat (about 1qt)
- A full set of Garmin electronics is included with the NP49. The system includes 3 multifunction displays with chartplotter, fishfinder and radar functions. Autopilot and VHF radios are also included. We don't list the specific equipment here because electronics change so quickly, so please contact us for details.
Exterior & Interior Gallery
Built solid; Low Maintenance
Hull & Superstructure:
The North Pacific 49’ with its reverse rake pilothouse and trawler style design gives the yacht a bold go-anywhere look. There is no wood on the outside of the NP49, only stainless steel and fiberglass. This adds to the rugged look, but also makes exterior maintenance easy.
The hard chine hull was carefully designed to provide good stability and economy at low-end speeds while providing lift to allow for higher top end speeds when larger engines are chosen. A keel allows the vessel to track well but you remain in full control at any speed with a large barn door style rudder, that along with the shaft and propeller, is fully protected. The planked look embedded in the fiberglass adds to the character and classic look.
The hull is solid, hand-laid fiberglass. This makes it both very strong and heavy which, adds to the stability. A vinyl ester resin is used in the outer two layers of the hull to prevent blistering. Below the waterline is additional protection in the form of an epoxy barrier. The stringers are made on a separate mold and then glassed into the hull.
The superstructure is made of fiberglass and cored mostly with a lightweight synthetic honeycomb material, increasing stability while preventing rot. There are squares of resin soaked, marine grade plywood in areas that require more strength (where the upper helm seat is bolted, for example). The hull and superstructure are a shoebox design that are epoxied and fiber glassed together for a strong and lasting bond.
Access to the upper deck of the North Pacific 49’ is gained via stairs on both sides of the pilothouse and a ladder from the cockpit. Steps from the outside of the pilothouse to the upper deck mean that you can safely access the bow from the stern without walking through the cabin, unlike many pilothouse models. The upper deck is very spacious, providing a large area to relax with room to comfortably place a 12.5’ RIB dinghy. A Nick Jackson LP650 davit is standard equipment.
On the starboard side is a molded-in, L shaped dinette area with a table and on the port side there is a bench seat and a barbeque mount. There is storage space under all molded seats. A large raised forward dash provides plenty of space for all the standard controls, as well as any other instrumentation you may choose to add. Two single helm seats or a dual helm seat make an excellent place to pilot the NP49 from. A hardtop is standard above the seating area and provides a platform to mount all of the various antennas. You can opt for a folding radar arch instead and receive a credit.
The foredeck is accessed from both the pilothouse and upper deck and is protected by high freeboard and heavy-duty 1 ¼” #316 stainless steel handrails. All railings are bolted into aluminum backing plates that are laid into the fiberglass. Courtesy lights around the foredeck light up the non-skid fiberglass surface, making walking around, even on a rough night, easier. A Maxwell HRC10 windlass with 1500 lbs. of lifting capacity and a 65 pound anchor with 280 feet of 5/16” galvanized chain are both found at the bow. The split chain locker allows for chain storage on one side and a great space for both fender and line storage on the other. A molded in seat at the bow makes an excellent place to enjoy a nice afternoon in harbor or while cruising with a wireless autopilot remote.
At the stern of the NP49, there is a fully covered cockpit approximately 14’ X 6’ in size. The cockpit provides a good area for storage, fishing or enjoying some fresh air when it’s raining. There is a bulwark door on the port and starboard side, as well as a transom door on the aft wall to access the swim platform. The cockpit is finished with Flexiteek decks. These are synthetic teak decks that look just like real teak but require no maintenance and never fade. They give a great first impression when boarding.
The swim platform on the 49’ Pilothouse is 46” deep. This makes getting on and off easy, as well as making a great place to sit out and enjoy a nice evening just inches above the water. The swim platform is also finished with Flexiteek decks.
World Class Finishing; Inviting and Comfortable
North Pacific teak interiors are finished to world class standards with fine fittings and finishes. We’ve hired experts and spent years training our staff in the techniques that we use to attain the level of finish that we expect.
Hand crafted teak paneled walls, drawers and book-matched cabinetry are standard throughout, as well as real teak and holly floors. Routed and steam bent trim (no joints) add a touch of luxury while not going too far.
Adding to the level of comfort, the settees are made to similar dimensions as comfortable home furniture.
The interior of the North Pacific 49’ is well lit with Imtra LED lights and LED accent lighting throughout. The combination of good lighting and teak gives North Pacific interiors a warm feel in any weather, allowing you to feel right at home on the water.
We believe in large interior living spaces, and the NP49 does not disappoint. The salon is full beam, while still allowing for easy access around the exterior with a complete “raised walk around” (see exterior section for more details). The salon is large and comfortable for couples with guests or families. It is surrounded by nine big windows (4 of which are opening windows), providing ample light and allowing for a panoramic view.
The salon is fully customizable, and we have many different layouts (no-cost) to choose from. These layouts include built in settees on either or both sides, or open spaces for comfortable furniture, as well as a nice breakfast bar option. There is plenty of storage, with several cabinets and drawers available in any of the layout options. Contact us to let us know what you are looking for and we’ll come up with a layout that will work for you.
Cooks will love that the galley is in the salon and will not feel excluded from socializing. A large and well-lit Staron (or granite) countertop makes an excellent work surface. Dual stainless steel sinks, each big enough to fit large plates and pots, make cleanup easy. A 3 burner glass cooktop with oven comes standard but a larger gas stove or gas range are available. There are 12 drawers with several cabinets and options for a dishwasher, compactor and convection microwave oven.
As with the salon, there are several layout options for the accommodations including two or three stateroom layouts or two staterooms and an office. In most of the layout options, the staterooms and heads are accessed directly from the salon, which appeals to many who want to cut down on the number of stairs they need to climb daily.
With the plumb bow design, the forward master stateroom is very spacious, allowing for a full queen walk around bed and high ceilings. Teak slats next to the four opening portholes give a rich feel to the stateroom. Backlit, frosted glass cabinetry and a white headboard and mirror lighten up the stateroom and add to the feeling of spaciousness. Several different layout options with different storage arrangements are also available.
Whether you choose a two or three stateroom layout you can have at least one queen bed for guests. Other options include bunks or office configurations.
At the forward end of the hallway on the starboard side, there is a linen closet with a plethora of storage. This space can also be used to install a washer/dryer or an extra freezer.
The heads are finished with teak and teak/holly. Staron or granite counters are standard and you have the choice between an under-mount or raised ceramic or glass sink. The standard toilets are the comfortable and reliable Tecma Silence Plus. The adjoining separate showers are molded fiberglas and have nice frosted glass doors with the NP logo inscribed into them. The showers have over 6’7” of head room and plenty of space to move around. The shower drains to an automatic sump pump. Large stainless steel portholes provide nice ventilation.
The expansive pilothouse on the North Pacific 49 offers excellent visibility and has room for two helm seats, as well as a large, raised L-shaped settee (convertible bed) and fold out table. Standing to the starboard side of the helm, you can easily see the aft end of the swim platform. With two opening doors and an aft window, you will feel confident piloting the NP49 from the pilothouse in any situation. The two doors and three sliding windows provide nice ventilation as well.
Quality Equipment; Well Laid Out
All North Pacific Yachts are designed so that all equipment, wiring and plumbing is easy to access. There are numerous hatches throughout the yachts; headliners are attached with Velcro and screw caps are used to make removal of teak wiring chases and other access panels easier. In order to ensure accessibility throughout the interior, the NP49 is built and varnished before most the wiring or equipment is installed.
All floors in the North Pacific 49’ are held up by an interlocking aluminum grid. Unlike wood, this grid will never sag or swell over time, meaning it will always be easy to remove hatches.
A full set of Garmin electronics is included with the NP49. The system includes 3 multifunction displays with chartplotter, fishfinder and radar functions. Autopilot and VHF radios are also included. We don't list the specific equipment here because electronics change so quickly so please contact us for details.
The North Pacific 49’ is powered by a single 355 hp QSB 6.7L Cummins diesel engine. The 355 hp QSB is a good choice, pushing the yacht along at a 7-10 knot cruise with a top speed of about 11.5kts. Larger engines are available for higher top speeds. Twin engines and get home engines are also available.
Click here for a sea trial report.
See Specifications for more information on equipment.
With the single engine configuration, the propeller, shaft and rudder are fully protected, taking much of the worry out of watching for logs while cruising in the Pacific Northwest or hitting the bottom on the ICW. Standard equipment on the North Pacific 49’ includes an oversized rudder and Side Power bow thruster, giving you the maneuverability to make docking in any slip easy. A stern thruster is optional equipment for those who like the maneuverability of twins but the economy of a single engine.
Wiring on the NP49 is second to none. It is tinned, color coded, numbered and runs though clean and well laid out wiring chases. A quiet Northern Lights generator with sound shield and water/gas separator, 2800W Magnum MS2812 pure sign wave inverter/charger, 160 amp alternator and a large AGM battery bank means you’ll have plenty of power.
The engine room on the North Pacific 49’ is spacious and well lit. It is well insulated with 2” foam/rubber/lead sound dampening insulation. In addition to this, rubber is installed on the aluminum grid above the engine room to cut down on noise and vibration. The engine room is easily accessed through six removable floor hatches on the salon floor, allowing quick access to any part of the engine room without lifting a large section of the floor. It can also be accessed by flipping up the stairs that lead from the salon to the forward staterooms. Also located in the engine room is the generator, two baffled fiberglass fuel tanks (separately made with vinyl ester resin coated with gelcoat) with a total capacity of 500 gallons (up to 930 gallon is optional), 20 gallon water heater, two 175 gallon fiberglass water tanks, a variable speed fresh water pump and an oil change system.